Crash with PyQt 6.3.0 on ChromeOS (Linux)

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun May 1 15:07:33 BST 2022

Hello,

I upgraded my Python virtual environment to latest PyQt6 and it crashed
when trying to start eric7. The error message is

dbus[2786]: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call() were incorrect,
assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in file
../../../dbus/dbus-message.c line 1366.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

   D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
Aborted (core dumped)

This did not happen with PyQt 6.2.x. Unfortunately I cannot tell, if it
is a Qt or PyQt issue. The environment is

ChromeOS 100.x
Linux on ChromeOS (Crostini) with Debian 11 Bullseye (11.3)

Regards,
Detlev