PyQt6 Signals are not correctly typed

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Wed Nov 16 14:31:11 GMT 2022

The PyQt (and PySide for that matter) official hints need a good bit of help.  The pyqt5-stubs and pyqt6-stubs are attempts to 1) offer better hints to users and 2) offer a reference for Phil to work from to fix the official hints.  I spent a couple years working on PyQt5 stuff but presently have moved on.  There's some other interest in maintenance, but not a lot of active work (maybe my fault).

For signals, well, we don't have a complete solution but we at least have something a lot better.