Spinning up compiled pyqt extensions

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 19:20:02 BST 2022

Ah, I was confused since I thought that they weren't providing an online
installer for 5.15.2 anymore. I was wrong and the ubuntu installer still
has that version.

So building sip extensions requires a gui to run the installer then?
Somewhat reasonable since I guess a non-gui sip extension like mine is
probably the edge case? I begrudgingly had to spin up this whole
PyQt.QtCore C++ extension for backward compatibility with a lib that uses
qbytearray. Won't need it forever but am still tied to it. Maybe I can just
copy the bins from the installer to a headless machine.