PyQt6.7.2: FFmpeg still freezes QMediaPlayer when quickly switching between audio files during playback

Gdaliy Garmiza gdalik at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 23:22:09 BST 2024

This bug also appeared in versions 6.6.x. It seemed to have suddenly
disappeared on one of them (I don't remember which one), and then it came
back again.

This may be the Qt issue or the error of the FFmpeg version, used in Qt.
In this case, I would be grateful if you help me to promote this report or
show me the most relevant place for it.
The behavior is similar on macOS, Windows and Linux.
Switching to native system backends may cause other issues, but without
freezing applications.

Here is the GitHub link to my simple test app
<https://github.com/Gdalik/QMediaPlayerTest/tree/master> (I have updated
the code a little).
And here are the screen recordings
<https://youtu.be/3cF96n2p_Bk?si=mjQwSnqBrtjFt1Dd> of my tests on macOS,
Windows and Linux, switching from FFmpeg to native system multimedia
backends.

The bug is better reproducible right after the app/script (re)start.
Thanks!