QStateMachine in PyQt6?

Damon Lynch damonlynch at gmail.com
Thu May 2 22:21:13 BST 2024

Hi Phil,

Unless I'm missing something obvious, QStateMachine was dropped in the
transition from PyQt5 to PyQt6. Was this deliberate?

Maybe not a coincidence: I can't find a single Python code block on GitHub
that uses  QStateMachine, apart from the sources for PyQt and  PySide that
developers have uploaded into their repositories.

Is this a sign that QStateMachine is used exclusively by complex GUI
applications, which are primarily written in C++, or are proprietary? Or is
QStateMachine not used much in those domains either? I have no idea.
Probably Qt consultants to proprietary application developers would know.

Best,
Damon

--
https://damonlynch.net