Support For QRhiWidget (new in Qt 6.7)?

Ognyan Moore ognyan.moore at gmail.com
Mon May 13 16:22:46 BST 2024

Hello,

In Qt 6.7, Qt released preliminary support for QRhiWidget (
https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qrhiwidget.html#details).

I'll be the first to say that I suspect adding support for this would be a
significant undertaking due to the graphics acceleration supposedly it
bundles.  PyQtGraph would likely greatly benefit from PyQt supporting this
widget as the library is dependent on the GraphicsView framework (and thus
widgets), so being able to get cross-platform hardware graphics
acceleration across the board that wasn't OpenGL would be fantastic.