[QScintilla] Overriding dropEvent

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Fri Dec 7 18:29:46 GMT 2007

Hello

I'm trying to implement a feature found in SciTE which converts line
endings when the user imports text from the clipboard or via drag and
drop. I've implemented standard paste and selection paste (middle button
click) without any problems, but drag and drop has got me completely stuck.

The problem is, is that I am using the python bindings and have no way
to access Scintilla's Editor.DropAt within my dropEvent handler. I also
can't think of a way to patch QScintilla to make this possible. All I
really want to do is modify the dropped text before it gets handed to
Scintilla.

Any ideas how I can make progress with this?

TIA,

--
Baz