[QScintilla] How does one get informations given in the QsciLexer ?

Xavier Noëlle gray2style at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 09:59:52 GMT 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 10:51 AM, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I don't really understand the question. Why is your QsciLexer buried
> under the surface?

I mean that when I'm writing a Scintilla lexer, I don't have (or
should not have) access to the specific lexer in the platform it is
running. I would not understand why one would have explicitly access
to a QsciLexer or a GTKsciLexer or a FixmesciLexer, since I suppose
this is Scintilla's purpose to be cross-platform (I mean Qt, GTK and
others, not Windows/Linux).

> Things like characterWords are specific to your lexer
> (even if they happen to have the same values as other lexers).

Excuse me, I swapped words :-) It's wordCharacters and it's defined in
QsciLexer as virtual
(http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Docs/QScintilla2/classQsciLexer.html).

virtual const char * wordCharacters () const

I supposed that, since it was defined in QsciLexer, it meant that one
could generically get it from above (Scintilla). How is it used if we
don't have an access to it ?

--
Xavier NOELLE