[QScintilla] WordList::len who did it wrong ?

Xavier Noëlle gray2style at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:50:01 GMT 2007

Hi,
I was using the 20071117 snapshot of QScintilla, when I decided to
test my application with the latest snapshot (20071205).
And this transition gave me a segfault. I inspected what could
possibly be wrong and I found this embarassing problem:

I have a list defined like that:
const std::string binaryOperators_ =  "& | += -= * / =~= + ^ - = == ~=

Which I am using in the Scintilla lexer. Then I get a WordList, which
I am traversing from 0 to len - 1. The problem is that when I'm asking
for its length, it answers me "135135232", which is quite...big !
Then, who is to blame ? My code, QScintilla or Scintilla ? For the
moment I will be using the previous snapshot and that's not blocker,
but whoever it comes from, this bug would be better dead than alive.

Thanks in advance.

--
Xavier NOELLE