[QScintilla] help!!!Code Completion in QScintilla

Joan Pablo Jimenez Milian jpjimenez at estudiantes.uci.cu
Thu Jul 12 04:31:37 BST 2007

Hi, I work on ubuntu and I am developing  a simple IDE to edit ActionScript projects, I am new in this world of QScintilla but I have traying since some days ago how to implement the Code Completion with QScintilla but have no results yet.  I don't know how to do it. So Please if somebody can help me with a little piece of code, some example, I will appreciate it very, very much. I'm going to put a little code that I have tried but isn't work. Please help me.

 my useless code

 I have a class CTextEdit inherit from QsciScintilla with this method

void CTextEdit::testTextModified(){

             QString text = this->text();
             if(text[text.length()-1] == '.')
            {
                        QStringList list;    list << "aaaa";
                        list << "bbb";
                        list << "cc";
                        this->showUserList(1,list);
            }
}

and in other place I connect the CTextEdit*textEdit = new CTextEdit in this way

 connect(textEdit, SIGNAL(textChanged()),  this, SLOT(testTextModified()));

The connection works and testTextModified() run. But nothing about the completion. Please help me with some example.