[QScintilla] unable to find "QtGui/QtGuimod.sip" building QScintilla

Claudio A. Quezada R. claudio.quezada.r at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 20:03:09 BST 2007

Hi, i've got a trouble that i can't figured out why don't work...

I'm using python 2.5.1, with Qt 4.2.2, PyQt 4.1 and SIP 4.5 on Ubuntu
7.04, and when i try to configure QScintilla for python (with python
configure.py) it says unable to find "QtGui/QtGuimod.sip". I used the
official QScintilla release, and several snapshots (the last is from 3
days ago).

Here's the std:

~/QScintilla-gpl-2-snapshot-20070902/Python$ python configure.py
QScintilla 2-snapshot-20070902 is being used.
PyQt 4.1 is being used.
Qt v4.2.2 free edition is being used.
SIP 4.5 is being used.
The QScintilla module will be installed in
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4.
The QScintilla API file will be installed in /usr/share/qt4/qsci/api/python.
The QScintilla .sip files will be installed in /usr/share/sip/PyQt4.
Generating the C++ source for the Qsci module...
sip: Unable to find file "QtGui/QtGuimod.sip"
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

What i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

--