[QScintilla] Help! Please

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Fri Sep 28 23:43:24 BST 2007

On Friday 28 September 2007, Patrick Mabie wrote:
> Using Vista and MinGw
>
> I was using MSVC 2005 , I found Eclipse I decided to switch .
>
> I am trying to get QScintilla to work in the new set up , I can't get
> the widget back into the Qt Designer . I am really not sure of the
> process . I read the help on-line .  I tried to run configure.py  I get
> "Error: Unable to find either PyQt v3 or v4."
>
> I installed Pyqt via the binary package , and it's in the python
> directory .
>
> All I want to do is get the QScintilla widget to work , please what am I
> not doing right.

You don't say if you want to use QScintilla from C++ or Python. As you have
installed the PyQt binary package then I assume Python. The binary package
includes QScintilla, so there is nothing else to do. However the binary
package does not include the QScintilla plugin for Designer. If you really
want that then you will have to compile SIP, PyQt and QScintilla yourself.