[QScintilla] autocompletion popup make application looses focus

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 21:21:46 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 11:58 PM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:

> I wish I could. I suspect the bug is in either Gnome or Qt as it's probably
> a problem with the implementation of window manager hints. One thing to try
> would be to test with another window manager (twm?) that doesn't share code
> with either Qt or Gnome.

It may just be that scintilla completion popup does not behave in a
completely standard fashion across the different platforms. I opened a
completer with:

self.editor.SendScintilla(self.editor.SCI_AUTOCSHOW, symlen, str('
'.join(possibilities)))

on a scintilla that had event filter installed. The event filter was
run on windows (vista), but not on linux (kubuntu 8.04.1).

It was no biggie, I got around it by checking for this in event filter:

if self.wdg.editor.SendScintilla(self.wdg.editor.SCI_AUTOCACTIVE, 0, 0) != 0:
            return False

This may be just about different sqintilla versions though (can't
check right now).

BTW, SCI_AUTOCSHOW should maybe be published as a proper function.
It's very handy, and it could make porting code from wx stc more
obvious. At least it would be properly documented that way...

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio