[QScintilla] Another QScintilla Unicode issue

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Sun Aug 1 01:22:03 BST 2010

On 31/07/10 17:25, detlev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I show an autocompletion list or userlist with
> QsciScintilla.showUserList(...) for a list that contains a string with a non-
> ASCII character (e.g. 'Ü'), that character is not shown correctly and is not
> returned correctly when selected (e.g. handleÜmlauts is shown as
> handle�mlauts).

i tried something like this:

mylist = u'\xDC \xDD \xDE \xDF'

if self.isUtf8():
     mylist = mylist.encode('utf-8')
else:
     mylist = mylist.encode('latin-1')

self.SendScintilla(self.SCI_USERLISTSHOW, 1, mylist)

...and the non-ascii characters were displayed correctly.

so it looks like qscintilla's listbox is unicode-aware, but the
showuserlist method is not.