[QScintilla] update - Re: strange atrefacts on screen

Petr Vaněk petr at scribus.info
Wed Aug 18 20:52:59 BST 2010

Dne úterý 17 Srpen 2010 15:11:58 Phil Thompson napsal(a):
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:54:56 +0200, Petr Vanek <petr at scribus.info> wrote:
> > hi again,
> >
> > I spot the issue with the minimal example.
> >
> > It looks like there is something broken  in qscintilla in qmdi area -
> > see myqsciscintilla.h in the example. It's in an additional current
> > line marker handling.
> >
> > http://public.yarpen.cz/qscintilla-mditest.tgz
>
> What's supposed to happen? Seems to work fine for me with the current
> snapshot.

I don't know if you saw the screencast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkyAsfOxFs

it happen in the minimal example on all my machines (macosx, linux) - it's
usually completed with noticeably more CPU usage in Xorg (linux).

all systems contains:
Qt 4.6.3
Qscintilla 2.4.3 (opensuse rpm, macosx macpors)
	     2.4.4 (compiled from tarball)
             snapshot (tarball)

I can confirm it on fedora12 too - but it's virtualized without any video
acceleration, so it's not exact measurement.

now it's workarounded by removing the margin marker.

petr