[QScintilla] Missing key events

Andrei Kopats hlamer at tut.by
Thu Jan 26 17:41:13 GMT 2012

Hi

I have a problem with the latest QScintilla snapshot.

My editor clears all Scintilla internal key mappings and processes all key
pressings with QActions. But, on the latest version of QScintilla, my
QActions don't receive some key pressings.

To make a test for this bug, I modified example-Qt4 from the latest
QScintilla snapshot. See the code below. I expect that after this
modifications, standard key mappings does not work. So, we can't move
cursor or select a text. We can only type symbols. It is correct.
But, if we selected some text with mouse, we should be able to copy-paste
it with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, because there are QActions in the Edit menu.
But, for me, this actions does not work.

I can't say exactly, when this problem appeared. QScintilla version from
Ubuntu 11.10 works correctly, but version in Debian wheezy and
snapshot QScintilla-gpl-snapshot-2.6.1-131138b43c85 is affected.

Is it a bug, or, am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks in advance,
Andrei Kopats
http://hlamer.github.com/mksv3/ - Simple programmers text editor

MainWindow::MainWindow()
{
    textEdit = new QsciScintilla;

    // Clear all commands
    textEdit->SendScintilla( QsciScintillaBase::SCI_CLEARALLCMDKEYS );
    // Ctrl+Key pressings insert some strange symbols. Clear all mappings.
    for (char key = 'A'; key <= 'Z'; key++)
        textEdit->SendScintilla(QsciScintillaBase::SCI_CLEARCMDKEY, key +
(QsciScintillaBase::SCMOD_CTRL << 16));
    // Now I expect, that Ctrl+V, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X will be processed by the
actions, created at MainWindow::createActions()
    // but, this key pressings are ignored

    setCentralWidget(textEdit);