[Eric] installing eric4 on Kubuntu 7.10

Jake Beard otakuj462 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 23:18:43 GMT 2007

Hi, I'm having trouble installing eric4 on Kubuntu 7.10.
I thought I had installed all of the eric4 dependencies through apt, but it
doesn't seem to be working when I go to install eric4. Specifically, I have
installed the following:

    *  Python 2.4.0 or better
python2.5

    * Qt 4.2.0 or better (from Trolltech)
libqt4-core: 4.3.2-0ubuntu3.1
libqt4-gui: 4.3.2-0ubuntu3.1

    * PyQt 4.1.0 or better (from Riverbank)
python-qt4: 4.3-2ubuntu7
python-qt4-dbus: 4.3-2ubuntu7

    * QScintilla 2.1 or better (from Riverbank)
libqscintilla7: 1.7.1-1

But when I run the eric4 python install, I get the following error:
"
Sorry, please install QScintilla2 and
it's PyQt4 wrapper.
"

I also tried installing QScintilla2 from source, downloaded from the following
loacation:
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Downloads/QScintilla2/

It installed successfully, but the error message persists.

Is there some dependency I'm missing? I would greatly appreciate it if you
would let me know what you think. Thanks.

Jake