[Eric] ANN: eric4 4.0.0 release

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Jun 4 13:55:01 BST 2007

On Montag, 4. Juni 2007, François Wautier wrote:
> Congratulation,
>

> I do have  a problem though.
>
> When I run it it says
>
> ========= %< =========== %< =============
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/eric4/eric4.py", line 35, in ?
>     from KdeQt.KQApplication import KQApplication
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/eric4/KdeQt/__init__.py", line
> 20, in ?
>     import Preferences
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/eric4/Preferences/__init__.py",
> line 29, in ?
>     from ViewManager.Config import ConfigViewManagers
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/eric4/ViewManager/__init__.py",
> line 20, in ?
>     from Workspace import Workspace
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/eric4/ViewManager/Workspace.py",
> line 13, in ?
>     from ViewManager import ViewManager
>   File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/eric4/ViewManager/ViewManager.py", line
> 23, in ?
>     from BookmarkedFilesDialog import BookmarkedFilesDialog
>
> File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/eric4/ViewManager/BookmarkedFilesDialog
>.py", line 15, in ?
>     from E4Gui.E4Completers import E4FileCompleter
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/eric4/E4Gui/E4Completers.py",
> line 11, in ?
>     from PyQt4.QtGui import QCompleter, QDirModel, QStringListModel
> ImportError: cannot import name QCompleter
> ========= %< =========== %< =============
>

> I have
> 	Qt 4.2.3-r1 (and 3.3.8-r2)
> 	 PyQt    4.1.1    (and 3.17)
> 	QScintilla 2.1
> 	Python 2.4
> 	SIP 4.6

Your PyQt4 installation is missing the QCompleter class. How did you install
PyQt4? Please open a Python shell and enter the following:

from PyQt4.QtGui import QCompleter

If this gives an ImportError like above, your PyQt4 is incomplete and should
be rebuilt (preferably with PyQt 4.2).

> I noticed the "KdeQt" is there some requirement there?  I am using KDE
> 3.5.5 and pykde 3.5.5-r2 on a Gentoo Linux.

No, the KdeQt stuff is code to use KDE4 dialogs (once this is available).
Right now, eric4 is Qt4 (with PyQt4) only.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de