[Eric] Installation trouble on Windows XP SP2

Peter Bradley p.bradley at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jun 12 22:22:00 BST 2007

Hi,

I've successfully installed Eric on my Linux box (and very nice it is
too), but I thought I'd like to install it on my Windows XP SP2 box as
well.  Under Windows, I have installed the following, in this order:

*  Python 2.5
*  Qt 4.3.0 (Open Source), which installed MinGW as part of the
installation process
*  PyQt 4.2
*  QScintilla (the compiled qscintilla2.dll is in C:\Qt\4.3.0 and
C:\Qt\4.3.0\lib)
*  PySVN

I then downloaded Eric4-4.0.0 and extracted all the files.

When I click on install.py, though, I get the following error:

"This application has failed to start because mingwm10.dll was not
found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

After doing a search, I find that there are two instances of
mingwm10.dll, located at: C:\MinGW\bin and also at: C:\Qt\4.3.0\bin

I'm not sure what application the error message is referring to, but if
it means I should reinstall MinGW, does that mean that I should
reinstall Qt?

Or are there any things I could do to make sure the installation script
finds the dll?  I tried searching for mingw in the installation script,
but without luck, so it must be picking up path data from somewhere else.

Thanks in advance,

Peter