[Eric] Is execute in command windows possible?

Laurent Dufréchou Laurent.Dufrechou at free.fr
Wed Jun 13 18:44:41 BST 2007

Detlev Offenbach a écrit :
> On Dienstag, 12. Juni 2007, Laurent Dufréchou wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm new user to eric4.
>> I'm wondering if it's possible to do a 'run in console window' that
>> launch the program in a konsole prompt under linux or cmd prompt under
>> windows??
>> (I'm currently under windows for my test)
>> My need is to be able to launch the program in a classical prompt
>> independant from eric.
>>
>> Moreover here my script:
>> print "hello"
>> raw_input("push a key")
>> print "program done"
>>

> Why can't you run this script in the debug client? The output would go to the
> shell window, so you can enter your stuff there.

Hello detlev,

what do you mean by debug client? Is this what I get when when I push F2?
All my ouput and input goes to the eric "shell" window, is this this?

In fact, I prefer not to have the output of  my script in this shell for
these reason:
1) if my script is (very buggy) and do a segfault. (it is posible if for
example I'm doing a swig wrapper with some error in it that acces wrong
value in unautorized access). Then it will segfault eric no?
This is not the most 'problematic' (i've put quote because i can do with
it but ... ;) )

2)I like to do sometimes the following:
Launch my script in an independant environment (a cmd shell) and a the
end the shell still opened.
I can then modify my script and then launch another time my script it
will appears in an another independent cmd prompt.
I can then compare the two results. <-- realy cool sometimes!!!

3)Small script development:
I like the idea to have the eric shell to test some piece of code, when
they are ok i add them to the editor.
When I'm satisfied I launch the script inthe independant shell. Result
bad? ok I continue to work in the eric shell without having been
dsiturbed by this "try and see what happens". <-- really cool to !
Perhaps it's not a good way of programming but i like it as I go really
faster! :)

The main idea is eric shell is to try some command, execute in terminal
to rapid do a try!

I asked this because I was used to use SPE before trying eric, and it
has by default the same behavior as eric, but it as also an option
(alt+F9) that permits to launch the script in an independant terminal,
option that i found really handy.

That's all.

Thanks  anyway for your time!
Laurent