[Eric] Is execute in command windows possible?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jun 13 18:14:58 BST 2007

On Dienstag, 12. Juni 2007, Laurent Dufréchou wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm new user to eric4.
> I'm wondering if it's possible to do a 'run in console window' that
> launch the program in a konsole prompt under linux or cmd prompt under
> windows??
> (I'm currently under windows for my test)
> My need is to be able to launch the program in a classical prompt
> independant from eric.
>
> Moreover here my script:
> print "hello"
> raw_input("push a key")
> print "program done"

Why can't you run this script in the debug client? The output would go to the
shell window, so you can enter your stuff there.

> How can I redirect this to the log viewer stdout/in eric windows?

These outputs are for the integrated tools or if some other tools are started
that output directly to eric.

> (i
> didn' manage to use it!)
>
> By the way, just a little usability idea :
> Perhaps, could be a good idea to add a little text like "script
> terminated" in the eric python interpreter when script is done. could be
> usefull to know when F2 command has been terminated.

Something like that is shown, if the script is run in debug mode.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de