[Eric] Installation trouble on Windows XP SP2

Peter p.bradley at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jun 13 20:13:03 BST 2007

Ysgrifennodd Laurent Dufréchoue:
> I think (I'm not sure) that qscintilla binding use sip to wrap C++ or
> C qscintilla into python module.
> So you need sip to build qscintilla python module.
> 1) you buil the Qscintilla C library
> 2) you build sip
> 4) you build with sip the pyqt that will also know after that
> qsintilla C library
> 3) sip helps you then also to build python qscintilla build
> 5) well you install eric :) that will use pyqt
>
> Perhaps I've done a mistake in my previous mail
> 4 is before 5 ;)
Laurent,

First of all, many thanks for your (and Andreas') patience with  me as I
struggle with this.  I do appreciate it.

I didn't have sip installed, but I managed to find a download for it via
google and it's configured/make'd and installed OK, as far as I can tell.

Now when I try to run configure.py I get a message saying:

"Error: Unable to find either PyQt v3 or v4"

It is definitely installed, though, and located in:

C:\Program Files\PyQt4

I reinstalled it, just to be sure, but that didn't make any difference.

So it's this bit of the configure.py script that is failing:

<code>
try:
    import PyQt4.pyqtconfig as pyqt4
except: