[Eric] Installation trouble on Windows XP SP2

Laurent Dufréchou Laurent.Dufrechou at free.fr
Wed Jun 13 20:49:33 BST 2007

Haha padawan you've tried the easy way...
But the easy way don't work.
You need to try harder without the .exe installer :)
I did it before and I never reach the jedi level with this method.
Too bad, before you where so near the end...
uninstall the .exe, delete sip,pyqt,uninstall qt, qscintilla, and eric.

And follow this order reading index.html in each case in ./doc directory.
then please get them and install them in the following order (order
is important).
           1. Install Qt4  4.3.0 .exe file
           2. Build and install sip (sip-4.6.tar.gz) read
/doc/index.html don't forget the -n option (i think) for config.py (read
doc)
           3. Build and install QScintilla2 (same as you have done
before) QScintilla-1.73-gpl-2.1.tar.qz
                read doc, do install of QT4 directory
           4. Build and install PyQt4 (PyQt-win-gpl-4.2 read the doc too
but it is easy)
           5. Build and install QScintilla2 Python bindings
QScintilla-1.73-gpl-2.1/python
           6. Install eric4 (tada!!!!) (perhaps add 'QMAKE_CFLAGS_THREAD
= -mthreads' in qmake.conf if any warning about missing of
QMAKE_CFLAGS_THREAD )

Good luck