[Eric] eric4 inserts control characters on Ctrl+S when file was already saved

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Jun 23 12:27:46 BST 2007

On Samstag, 23. Juni 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> not sure wether this is an eric4 or QScintilla bug, but as the shortcut
> probably is assigned to eric4 I'm filing it here first.
>
> eric4 inserts a <DC3> (gray background, not sure what the meaning is)
> control character when pressing the Save-Shortcut in a document that has
> already been saved. It inserts a new character each time the shortcut is
> pressed.
>
> Andreas

When a file is saved, the save action is disabled. That means, that it is not
handling the Ctrl+S anymore, which causes this keystroke to read QScintilla.
QScintilla inserts this into the text and shows it as the gray <DC3> symbol
(that is ASCII 19 or Ctrl+S). Currently, I have no idea on how to prevent
this. Any hint is appreciated.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de