[Eric] eric4 inserts control characters on Ctrl+S when file was already saved

Jürgen Urner jUrner at arcor.de
Sat Jun 23 12:50:01 BST 2007

Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Samstag, 23. Juni 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> not sure wether this is an eric4 or QScintilla bug, but as the shortcut
>> probably is assigned to eric4 I'm filing it here first.
>>
>> eric4 inserts a <DC3> (gray background, not sure what the meaning is)
>> control character when pressing the Save-Shortcut in a document that has
>> already been saved. It inserts a new character each time the shortcut is
>> pressed.
>>
>> Andreas
>>

> When a file is saved, the save action is disabled. That means, that it is not
> handling the Ctrl+S anymore, which causes this keystroke to read QScintilla.
> QScintilla inserts this into the text and shows it as the gray <DC3> symbol
> (that is ASCII 19 or Ctrl+S). Currently, I have no idea on how to prevent
> this. Any hint is appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Detlev

Why do you disable the save action in the first place? Saving every now and
then is doing no harm. Or is disabling the save action meant to stop the
user
from doing something potentially evil?

Another thought. If a (any) shortcut is no longer eaten up by an action
and passed to scintilla one might get unexpected results every now and then.
Why not install an event filter to eat up those shortcuts?

Jürgen