[Eric] Create API files for autocompletion

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Apr 20 09:55:19 BST 2008

On Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, G Jones wrote:
> Thank you, that helps. However, I am running into a problem trying to
> generate an API file for numpy. the numpy/__init__.py file brings
> functions from numpy.core.*, numpy.lib.*, etc into the numpy
> namespace, so that they can be accessed just as numpy.function.
> However, the API file does not recognize this. Is there any way to get
> the API autocompletion to work anywhere close to as well as the
> ipython autocompletion?

IPython autocompletion is dynamic using some runtime information (as far as I
know). eric4's autocompletion (which is based on QScintilla2) is static and
works with API files. The script eric4-api parses Python modules and extracts
information needed to generate these API files.

However, latest snapshot together with latest snapshot of rope plugin provide
alternative autocompletion support using rope's functionality. That might
give you autocompletion that way you would like. Please give it a try.