[Eric] Eric4 Runtime Error when start up

Sjujsckij Nickolaj sterkrig at home.no
Sat Dec 6 17:50:59 GMT 2008

> Then, I run Eric4 with eric4.pyc, the Eric4 stoped when "Generating Main
> User Interface..." has been showed in the startup splash screen and
> "QVariant::load(QDataStream &s): type unknown to QVariant" has been
> showed in the CMD window.

   I've run into the same problem exactly. The only (but quite surprizing)
difference is that I use Gentoo Linux (amd64 arch).
I open terminal window and

   zsh prompt> % eric4
QVariant::load(QDataStream &s): type  unknown to QVariant
zsh: abort      eric4

   The other interesting point is that eric 4.2.3 works fine on Gentoo x86 @
the same machine. Moreover, it works (almost fine, but this thread isn't
place to discuss this) on Gentoo amd64 at work with the same dependencies
used. Here's list of installed related packages:

dev-python/PyQt4-4.4.4-r1
dev-python/sip-4.7.9
dev-python/qscintilla-python-2.3.2
x11-libs/qscintilla-2.3.2
x11-libs/qt-4.4.2

   I tried eric 4.3 snapshots, and they don't start either.

   I noticed this issue after upgrading PyQt and sip, but downgrading didn't
solve the problem (and those versions works fine at work). I've
reinstalled everything up to Qt libraries, but that didn't help.
   It seems like Qt-related problem, since there's no Python traceback, but
I'm not at home with C++ classes etc, so I ask for help here (-:E

   P.S. Since it's my first message here I think I should thank Detlev for
Eric — thank you very much, Detlev (-:E