[Eric] question about supporting reStructuredText

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 06:07:43 GMT 2008

Hello,

I work on a couple python projects that have adopted reStructuredText and
Sphinx for documentation. I spent the last two days learning about Scintilla
to see if I could write a reStructuredText lexer, but it is challenging and
even tasks that would be simple for me with python are requiring more time
than I can spare (I'm not accomplished with C). So I had a look at the 4.3
snapshot and the Django plugin to see how to implement a lexer using a
pygments lexer and Scintilla container. I am surprised by how well the whole
eric/pygments/qscintilla system works, it seems very well conceived to me.

I was wondering if Detlev or perhaps anyone else has been working on
something similar for restructuredtext. If not, I will continue working on
this little project and hopefully it could be considered for inclusion in
eric in the near future.

Thanks,
Darren