[Eric] last session wont load

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Dec 9 18:24:41 GMT 2008

On Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2008, Joseph Szili wrote:
> Hi, Firstly, thanks for the IDE which is just what I wanted: A full IDE
> that's focused on python and not just another plugin to an IDE originally
> geared towards Java al la eclipse or netbeans (hence the choice). Anyway
>
> I'm a noob to python and Eric and I have a minor problem.
>
> My session won't load even though in my preferences I have the "save
> session" checked as well as "load session" option.

These are project sessions meaning, that they are read after the project was
opened. The startup options for the application are configured on the
Application page of the configuration dialog. Here you may select to start
with the last global session (includes the stae the IDE was in when shut
down), last project and a few more.

> This is annoying as I'm having look in recent projects every time get to
> the last project I was working on.
>
> I'm guessing this is some sort of permissions or install problem ... what
> do I look for?
>
> I'm running Kubuntnu 8.04 and eric4 4.1.1 (r1972).
>
> I'm not sure if this has any bearing on the problem but when I launch from
> the command line I also get warnings about tranlsation files like
> "qt_en_AU", "eric4_en_AU" and "qscintilla_en_AU" could not be loaded.

That tells you, that no translations are available for your locale. It will
pick the default, which is en.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de