[Eric] Stack dump at breakpoint and other suggested improvements.

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Dec 11 18:41:30 GMT 2008

On Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2008, Piotr Holonowicz wrote:
> Hi!
> Eric4 is a really nice tool... but there are couple of things that could
> be improved:
> - when eric displays a "bug" symbol at a faulty line of code, it is not
> currently possible just to left click on it to view the error message.
> Instead, a right click is needed then selection from context menu
> "Display error message". In my opinion it is slow to access and
> counterintuitive :(

That feature is already in. Please get a recent snapshot release.

> - I would love to have a view of the python stack when the code stops at
> a breakpoint (although this I guess can be tricky to fix).

Just open the combobox of the local variables viewer. That gives the
callstack. Selecting an entry will show the variables of the select stack
frame. Pressing the source button will jump to it.

> - most of the time the yellow line showing the current line of code does
> not appear, even when the code stops at a breakpoint, making debugging a
> nightmare (4.2.3 r2620 at kUbuntu Hardy).

It works for me.

> - manual how to set up  the remote debugging hardly exists and it is not
> directly accessible from eric :(.

Would you like to extend it? Please send the extended version back for
inclusion into the next release.