[Eric] how to upgrade Eric4 on Windows

Petr Jakeš petr.jakes at tpc.cz
Sat Jan 19 13:42:40 GMT 2008

> From an eric point of view, just download the latest version, unzip the
> archives into a directory and run the included install script (python
> install.py).

According to the Detlevs advice, I have installed Eric4 v 4.0.4 without any
problem on my Windows XP SP2 machine.  The only thing to consider is at the
end of installation to enter manually the path to the Qt data directory
which, in my case, is C:\Python25\PyQt4\

===== snip from the windows command line screen ======
Please enter the name of the Qt data directory.
(That is the one containing the 'qsci' subdirectory.)
>>> C:\Python25\PyQt4\

Installation complete.

Thanks and regards

Petr Jakes