[Eric] Ruby

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Jul 11 18:52:51 BST 2008

On Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2008, Steve Salazar wrote:
> Wow, even though Eric4 is supposedly a python IDE it is also the best free
> Ruby IDEs I've seen.  The editor itself is very nice.
>
> It looks like Ruby support is about 70% compared to python (I can't believe
> how much stuff *does* work).  Is integration of full auto completion,

Somebody should provide an API file for Ruby and it'll be there. I haven't
tried eric4-api on the Ruby installation directory yet.

> profiling,

Somebody more into Ruby than me should provide a plugin.

> refactoring, linting, coverage,

s. above

> ruby-qt4,

That's already in. Just select Qt4 as your project type.

> rdoc,

Just a plugin is needed.

> etc on the
> roadmap?  Is there some documentation for the ruby side of things? (I
> didn't see anything).

What kind of docu do you mean?

detlev at die-offenbachs.de