[Eric] Autocompletion and math module

OldGrantonian oldgrantonian at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 26 08:35:56 GMT 2008

I apologize if I have hijacked Josh's post, but I was having the same
autocompletion problem on WinXP Home (I'm not a techie).

I followed the instructions from Detlev:

> Have you tried to enable the usage of the Python API file that comes with
> QScintilla (I think)? Just go to the eric4 configuration dialog, API page,
> select Python and select "Add from installed APIs". You should get a list
> of
> raw API files to select from. Once done, just compile the list into a
> prepared API file (which is a binary file). This file is used by the
> QScintilla autocompletion.

I found more api files in:

C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\qsci\api\python

I used eric4-api.bat on my own project files to create an .api file.

I added all these api files to the list, and then compiled.

After that, I did:

Settings > Preferences > Editor > Autocompletion > QScintilla

Uncheck everything.

Select "From Document and API Files"

Now, everything works great.