[Eric] warning message (Can't update to the recent version)

Guðjón Guðjónsson gudjon.i.gudjonsson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 21:28:25 BST 2010

Hi Glen
    There are two ways to install Eric in Ubuntu/Debian.
1. You install the Debian/Ubuntu package as you have done. Version 4.4.7 is
available as Debian package and it should work nicely in Ubuntu.
2. You can use the upstream installation program.

The upgrade popup is disabled in the Debian package since mixing of these
methods will lead to problems.

/Gudjon