[Eric] One more newbie question. RE: Possible to remove popups?

Jeremiah Rounds jeremiahrounds at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 31 01:30:22 GMT 2010

One more newbie question about work flow.
I have a lot of background in C and R.  And I am looking to move from R for rapid prototyping of ideas in scientific computing.  One of the advantages of R is that when a  routine isn't working right you can run code blocks of interest after errors or after you broke into the execution.  I notice in eric4 with break on error you can essentially do the same thing in the python interpreter window.
But typically I am doing this:ctrl+tab to unindent the code that was in a function, ctrl + C to copy, mouse over to the python interpretor, ctrl+V to paste the code, enter to get python interpreter to work if it was a for loop, go back up to my python code and undo the ctrl+tab.
Is there anyway to streamline that work flow in eric4?  It is imaginable that a script could copy the current highlighted block, undo the indention of the first line, apply that same unindention to the subsequent lines in the block, and give the result to the python interpreter to handle.
Btw, I found a way out of one of the things I first asked about, which was the pop up on starting a script. I simply got into the habit of using "restart F4".
Thanks for your time,Jeremiah