[Eric] ANN: eric 5.0.0-RC1 released

detlev detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jun 16 18:37:51 BST 2010

On Montag, 14. Juni 2010, Stjujsckij Nickolaj wrote:
>   Hello, that's absolutely great!
>
>   Do you plan to somehow backport Mercurial plug-in for Eric4? If not,
> would it be hard for somebody else to do?

I don't have intentions to backport it right now (time constraints).

> Has API changed very much, or is
> it more or less just backporting to Python 2?

It is backporting to Python 2 and to PyQt4 API v1. However, it should be
fairly straight forward (e.g. porting eric to Python3 and API v2 actually took
me about 3 weeks). If you would like to give it a shot I would recommend to do
that as a separate plug-in (like the CVS plug-in).

Detlev