[Eric] ANN: eric 5.0.0-RC1 released

Stjujsckij Nickolaj sterkrig at home.no
Wed Jun 16 21:24:01 BST 2010

  All right.
Actually I've already started porting — I've cloned your eric5 hg repo,
started a branch for my work and made corresponding symlinks in my
~/.eric4/ directory.
Can't say I've made much progress though (because of zero Eric/PyQt4
experience), but plugin now could be loaded and configured (Preferences
page). Still I cannot figure out what advantages "Eric4 plugin" project
offers (except snapshot packing) and what to do next — I don't see any
error or backtrace neither in Log Viewer not in `eric4 --debug`. And
plugin certainly doesn't work as intended yet (-:E

  Hopefully I'll keep making progress (slowly but steadily) and I'd be
grateful for any advice about debugging plugins. And I hope you could help
me with other (possibly stupid) questions that would certainly arise (-:E

P.S. [for everyone] I could publish my branch, but right now I don't see
real need in doing this. Stiil, if you want to help, track progress or
something, feel free to ask.