[Eric] Fwd: Segmentation fault in eric-4.4.11 when opening "File open dialog"

Juan Manuel Santos vicariousdm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 22:00:01 GMT 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net> wrote:

> Juan, do you use kdebindings-python, python-kde or whatever your distro
> names these packages? If yes, try to deinstall them, if not, most
> probably, your Qt/QScintilla/sip/PyQt installation is inconsistent.
> Play with the PyQt examples and see, if you can reproduce those
> crashes..
>
> Pete

Hi Hans, thanks for your help.

I have pykde4 installed, it ś the only binding that Gentoo has between KDE
and Python I believe. The thing is that this is required by many things
(kdebindings-meta among others), and especially eric, when I use the "kde"
USE flag. I could try disabling the USE flag for eric and seeing if it
crashes. Do you think this may help?

Thanks again

Cheers,
Juan Manuel