[PyKDE] SIP and PyQT on Windoze

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 4 19:15:43 BST 2000

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Jun 2000, Phil Thompson wrote:
>

> > Well, you've always got the source available if I get bored or hit by a
> > bus. I now make a living developing open source software, but I don't
> > get any financial support for PyQt/PyKDE so they are bound to be lower
> > on my list of priorities than the other work. I'll leave all those
> > millionaires out there to come up with possible solutions to this :)
> >

> Wish I was a millionaire... What are you working on nowadays?

Shameless plug mode on...

The main pieces of work I'm doing at the moment are for theKompany
(http://www.thekompany.com). This was mentioned in this week's LWN.
theKompany sells a set of CDs of Open Source Software called PowerPlant
Linux specifically aimed at developers. It's not a Linux distribution -
it's a large collection of additional RPMs with bleeding edge versions
of stuff that RedHat, Suse etc supply, and other stuff that never makes
it to one of the standard distributions. You can also subscribe to the
PowerPlant Developer Network to receive support and updates.

Also announced recently is theKompany are funding 2 full-time developers
for KWord and I expect to be involved in that.

Other stuff I am doing involves Python and GUIs. All the stuff
theKompany does is Open Source - but some of it won't be made public
until it is ready.

I am not an employee of theKompany - I'm actually self-eployed, so
offers of other development work are most welcome :)