[PyKDE] qtarch and PyQt/KDE

Boudewijn Rempt bsarempt at rempt.xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 7 23:07:58 GMT 2000

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> I was wondering whether it would be useful to have a utility that
> translated the qtArch output to Python - or whether there's even
> someone who has already begun such a beast,,,

Well, I've contacted the author, Jeff Harris on this issue, and while he's
interested, he's also very busy with memory problems (blessed be Python
for the absence of them!), and has to integrate Qt 2.1 features and so on,
but he and I are on the same wave length as to the actual implementation,
and I think it would make qtArchitect a better program. So I'm going to
try to get that feature in, even though it means a lot of C++ work...

Basically, what qtArch does now is create an object for every thingy
on the dialog, and that object knows how to write C++ code to create
itself. Obviously, that part ought to be extracted and made more
flexible. It seems rather easy, though a dashed lot of typing. Anyway,
I'll let you know what develops ;-).