[PyKDE] Problem with both parent() method and QListViewItem

David C. Morrill dmorrill at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 3 11:29:25 GMT 2000

>I've started coding again today - slightly delayed by the unavailability
>of public nameservers (www.valdyas.org is no longer reachable) - and I've
>been trying to get around the problem. One solution would be to use
>a dictionary mapping the standard objects and the extended objects, but
>that's a lot of work, especially since I seem to remember that subclassing
>widgets used to work in earlier versions.

Yes, I agree. I thought about doing a work-around (and have for the parent problem),
but I've hesitated for the QListViewItem problem, because, as you said, it used to work fine.
I therefore concluded that the problem was a bug and should probably be fixed rather than
worked around.

If no fix is forthcoming, I'll probably go with the dictionary approach.

>I guess the solution must be somewhere in siplib.ccp/*sipConvertToCpp,
>judging from the comments, but I can't understand what's happening
>there...

I was hoping I wasn't going to have to look into that stuff myself...

Dave Morrill