[PyKDE] QtArchitect - How about ViPyl?

Boudewijn Rempt bsarempt at rempt.xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 17 08:33:01 GMT 2000

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 mgeras at ticon.net wrote:

> Couldn't this feature just be added ti ViPyl?  I don't thing layout
> management should be that hard.  I agree with the fact the layout
> management is a 'much' better solution then setting specific x, y, width,
> height properties.  Plus the application runs much better on varying
> resolutions.  One think I don't like about KDE (1.X anyway), is that the
> dialogs seem to be coded without layout management.  I hope they fixed it
> in 2.0.  Anyways, I still think it can be done to ViPyl.

It might be possible to add layout management to viPyl. However, I'm
not sure whether viPyl is still being developed - currently it's an
interesting proof of concept, but not usable. I've tried yesterday
to cobble something together that works with the .dlg savefiles instead
of the xxxxData.cpp files, and that looks promising. I still wish I
knew more about parsing, but chances are I will after having done this
;-).