[PyKDE] import problem with PyQt2.0-pre2

Rob Tandy rtandy-pykde at slowchip.com
Mon Sep 11 04:52:14 BST 2000

I'm having a problem importing the qt module under PyQt2.0-pre2.  Here is my
system's setup:
	debian 2.2
	qt 2.2.0
	sip 2.0 pre2
	PyQt 2.0 pre2
	Python 1.5.2

I got qt2.2 from the latest debian packages, and I built sip and PyQt myself.
Everything installed fine.  I've tried fiddling with the LD_{LIBRARY|RUN}_PATH
environment variables, but this still happens:

$ python -c "import qt"
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/qt.py", line 16, in ?
    import libqtc
ImportError: /usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/libqtcmodule.so: undefined symbol: __ti8sipProxy

Any thoughts?  Hopefully its just something easy I forgot.

Also, I was happy to see a new PyQt with QCanvas support so soon!  Are there
plans to implement QThread?

Cheers,

-rob