[PyKDE] Help needed with SIP -- found solution

gvermeul at labs.polycnrs-gre.fr gvermeul at labs.polycnrs-gre.fr
Tue Aug 21 15:15:49 BST 2001

> Hello Gerard
>
> Tried your final suggestions, no luck Im afraid.
>
> I wonder if its a Mandrake 8.0 thing. Is there a reason you have stayed at 7.2 ?

Hello Jon,

No, it is no Mandrake 8.0 thing. It's you -- or us :-)

I tried to compile your extension with my distutils script. Initially, I got
the same error: undefined symbol __ti3CCC.
Then I realized that you should run the moc compiler on CCC.h to
generate moc_CCC.cpp, compile the cpp file and link it to libMMMcmodule.so.

So, I added the option to pass a list of header files, defining classes
derived from the Qt-hierarchy to setup.py. It works, now I can import MMM.

If you like, I can put a *.tar.gz in

ftp://old-labs.polycnrs-gre.fr/pub/SAS/Vermeulen

which is accessible by anonymous ftp.

I will also include the small patch for the Python-2.1.1 distutils.

Gerard

PS: it is certainly possible to adapt the Makefile.am template, but I prefer
to hack python instead of autoconf/automake/libtool stuff. If you use libraries
with classes derived from Qt, you don't run in this problem, because moc has
been run already.

PPS: leave me a little time, but the tar.gz should be there within one hour.