[PyKDE] Help needed with SIP

Jon jjhome at fire-bug.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 20:16:29 BST 2001

Hello Gerard

I finally got it working last night.

In fact the real problem was solved when you said to do -fno-rtti (the __ti3CCC error). Mandrake 8 needs this.

The remaining problem (the metaObject error) was that I was not running moc on CCC.cpp but I was so tied up with the sip problems that it took a while to realise this.

What I finally did (again at your suggestion) is build the CCC class separately into a shared library and then link with my sip bindings and everything sprang into life.

Wonderful...

ohh Ive just seen your latest email and you have already found the moc problem.

Thanks very much for all your help with this problem. Ill now go and have some fun actually using sip to do something useful.