[Re: [PyKDE] PyQt resources]

Scott Prive scottprive at netscape.net
Mon Jan 15 15:05:45 GMT 2001

Hello,

OK, this is much like I had assumed.

I am a bit puzzled why there are so few open source apps being coded using
PyQt. After all, Python is "big", and Qt is "big". Perception-wise, even the
wxPython people make more in the way of 'noise'.

I am looking for any available-source applications using PyQt. I found
Boudewijn Rempt's adapted-tutorial webpage, but it is KDE-specific and I am
looking for "plain Qt".

I would be interested in working together with some PyQt users to develop a
small-purpose application (even a straight port of a Freshmeat app), as a
learning exercise. The final results could be hosted somewhere as a
self-documenting tutorial.

Just some thoughts --

Scott Prive