[PyKDE] How to display GIF and JPEG

Sheng-Te Tsao shengte.tsao at firsttick.com
Fri Mar 30 19:04:03 BST 2001

Thanks for the tips.   I'll look into using loadFromData.     Of course, if
someone has done this already, some sample code would be appreciated :-)

Sheng-Te

At 06:43 PM 3/30/2001 +0200, Gerard Vermeulen wrote:
>Of course, the example is a dumb solution. If you want to keep
>everything in memory, I would explore the following:
>
>(1) use memory mapped files: look in the Python library reference for
>mmap. This supposes that the PythonWare Image Library and Qt are
>willing to read/write those files.
>
>(2) convert the PIL image to a string (see PIL doc), possibly make
>a QByteArray out of it and use loadFromData
>
>(3) use PIL to make a mmap, use all data  of the mmapped file
>as QByteArray in loadFromData
>
>(4) switch to Linux or buy Qt
>
>:-) Gerard
>
>Sheng-Te Tsao wrote:
> >Thank for the source code.   I guess saving it first as PNG first is a
> >possible solution :-)
> >Still, is there anyway to load the image into memory directly without
><having to save it as PNG first?

Sheng-Te Tsao
Online Status:
<http://eudora.voicecontact.com/vc3/?tst%40eudoramail.com><http://eudora.voicecontact.com/vc3/?tst%40eudoramail.com><http://www.eudora.com/products/voicecontact/>