[PyKDE] User input needed

Jan Ekholm chakie at infa.abo.fi
Mon Oct 29 14:49:47 GMT 2001

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Jim Bublitz wrote:

>The bindings for kparts/khtml/kspell are now complete, but I'd like
>some input on how to package them.
>
>On an 833MHz PIII/256MB/IDE system (low workload, no swapping):
>
>     Modules                      Compile Time (approx)
>
>dcop/kdecore/kdeui/kio/kfile          40 minutes (mostly kdeui)
>kparts/khtml/kspell                   20 minutes (mostly khtml)
>
>I can:
>
>1. Combine the two packages into one, with a total compile time of
>about an hour, or
>
>2. Make them two separate packages (as they are now)

I'd prefer one large package. It's easier to ./configure one package,
start the build and then do something else. If I have to return after 2
hours (slow machine) to start another build the total time until it's all
built will anyway be larger. I also have to manage two separate downloads.

Just my opinion, of course.

--

             Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods