[PyKDE] PyQt installation problem

Oded Arbel oded-py at typo.co.il
Mon Dec 30 18:08:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Phil Thompson wrote:

> > > When Qt was built you ran "make install" instead of leaving it in the
> > > directory it was built. This breaks the QAssistantClient library.
> >
> > I'm using Mandrake 9 with the qt 3.1 from RPMs (binary installed - I
> > should have mentioned it earlier).

Thanks for all the help, a clarfication question if you please -

Looking at the Qt RPM specs, I see that Mandrake are doing things with a
"qt assistant" and I have an "assistant" executable installed which when
executed opens the Qt Assistant windows. also installed is a
'libqassistantclient.a' in the Qt3 library directory. isn't this the
required library ?

--
Oded