[PyKDE] PyKDE2 alpha 3 Available

Henrik Motakef henrik.motakef at web.de
Thu Feb 7 15:41:34 GMT 2002

Henrik Motakef <henrik.motakef at web.de> writes:

> - More serious is a make error in the dcop directory, because of ld
>   not finding the "dcopc" library (-ldcopc is in
>   libdcopxmodule_ls_LIBADD, an in various other places in different
>   directories). Indeed, there isn't any libdcopc anywhere on my
>   system. Where should it be/ come from?

For fun, I tried to just remove -ldcopc from the Makefiles (in dcop,
kdebase, kdeui, kio and kfile), and... it worked! It seems to pass
almost all implemented tests, including the DCOP ones.

The only non-trivial failure (like those due to the fact that I
haven't KWrite on my Desktop or in /opt/kde2/bin) was an exception in
the KAccel test:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "testkdecore.py", line 163, in testKAccel
    self.ked.insertLine ("   aCurrentKeyCode = " + str (tuple [0]))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/kdecore.py", line 508, in __getattr__
    return libkdecorec.sipCallGetVar(81,self,name)
AttributeError: __getitem__
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "testkdecore.py", line 163, in testKAccel
    self.ked.insertLine ("   aCurrentKeyCode = " + str (tuple [0]))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/kdecore.py", line 508, in __getattr__
    return libkdecorec.sipCallGetVar(81,self,name)
AttributeError: __getitem__

However, it rocks. Thanks!

Henrik